How to reset your Microsoft account password
If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it.
- First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you think your account has already been hacked, learn how to Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised, and then follow these tips to strengthen your account against future attacks.
- To reset your password:
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover. If you don't know or can't remember the email address for your Microsoft account, see That Microsoft account doesn't exist for tips about how to recover it.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.
- If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password. Learn more about security info and security codes.
- To get help signing in to Xbox Live using your Microsoft account, see "Something's wrong with your Microsoft account" error occurs when signing in to Xbox Live.
- If after that you still facing problems.
- Get more help signing in to your Microsoft account
- Microsoft Support Number +1-877-353-1149